The building of Yevlakh District Court
The information about the district
Yevlakh district was created in 1935. The district was abolished in 1963 and its territory was given to Aghdash, Barda and Gasim Ismayilov districts. However, it became an independent district again in 1965. Yevlakh is one of the oldest dwellings and one of the important hubs in central Azerbaijan given its geographical position. Yevlakh city is on the ancient Silk Way. It was founded as a district on 20 February 1935 and its center was awarded the status of a national level city. In the same year, Yevlakh district People’s Court (presently Yevlakh district court) was established.
Yevlakh, built as a railway station in the 80s of the 20th century and known for a long time as a “Station” by the public, was called Yevlakh point or Yevlakh station of Yelizavetpol province in the official documents and sources of the late 19th century and early 20th century, then Yevlakh village of Yelizavetpol province, and Yevlakh village of Javanshir province since 1920.
The district is located in the center of the country and is part of Aran economic zone. The district has 1 city, 1 settlement and 48 villages which are administered by 19 territorial administrations and 32 municipalities. It has a population of 119.538 (22 June 2011). The total area of the district is 1.54 thousand km². there are 12.729 refugees and IDPs settled in Yevlakh district as a result of the aggressive policy of Armenian occupiers. Yevlakh district shares borders with Aghdash, Barda and Tartar districts, as well as Mingachevir city and Sheki city.