Login

Login

Yardymly District Court

About the court

https://courts.gov.az/en/yardymli

2019-08-23 03:04:41

About the court

The building of Yardymli District Court


 

The information about the district

Yardymli as Vargaduz area was an administrative territory of Azerbaijan SSR within Lenkoran province from 1921 to 1930. It was registered as Vargaduz district from 1930 to 1938. It was an administrative district of Azerbaijan SSR from 1938 to 1991. As an administrative area, Yardimci was part of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in 1918-1920. On 18 October 1991, following the Constitutional Act on state independence of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Yardymli became an independent administrative district of independent Azerbaijan. It was created on 08 August 1930 and named Vargaduz. Yardymli district court functioned as Vargaduz District Court from 1930 to 1938 and its name was later changed to Yardymli District People’s Court (Presently Yardymli district court). The name of present Yardymli district, according to historian B.Budagov, was derived from the name of a pecheneg tribe that lived in the area between the rivers Ural and Volga which is referred to as erdim/erdem in ancient sources. Pechenegs also participated in the crusade of gipchags to Azerbaijan from the Northern Caucasus in the 12th and 13th centuries. According to researchers, erdem tribe also came to Azerbaijan at this period. Yardymli’s symbol is explained as Yar-Adem which is considered the most mighty symbols in the ancient Egyptian scripts. The symbol of Yar is mentioned as Yaru (Yalu) steps in ancient Egyptian scripts which stands for original matter, a world of spirits created in the heavens. Yardymli district is located in the south east of Azerbaijan and is a mountainous area. The district shares borders with the Islamic Republic of Iran in the west, Lerik district in the south, Masalli district in the east and Jalilabad district in the north. Vilash river splits the district into two in the center. The area of the district is 667 km², and it has a population of 59.643 (21 June 2011).