The Republic of Azerbaijan
Republic of Azerbaijan
- Official name of the state: Republic of Azerbaijan
- Capital: Baku
- Population of the capital: 2 064 917
- Official language: Azerbaijani
- Main religion: islam
- Religion: Religion is separate from the state and all religions are equal before the law
- Monetary unit: manat (100 gapik)
- Population: 9 111 100
The state of Azerbaijan is a democratic, legal, secular and unitary republic according to its constitutional characteristics. The unitary aspect is that Nakhchivan Autonomous republic is an autonomous state within the Republic of Azerbaijan. The state of Azerbaijan is a presidential republic according to its form of government. The system of power is regulated under the principle of split of the power into legislative, executive and judicial branches. Self-governing bodies - municipalities occupy a certain place in the political system of Azerbaijan. The party-political system of Azerbaijan is based on pluralism.
Azerbaijan is a member of the following international organizations:
* United Nations (UN) - 1992.
* Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) - 1993-cü il.
* Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) - 1995.
* Council of Europe (COE) - 2001.
* Organization for Democracy and Economoc Development (GUAM) - 1997.
* Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) - 1991.
* Black Sea Economic Cooperation Organization (BSECO) - 1992.
* Organization of Economic Cooperation (OEC) - 1992.
Azerbaijan cooperates with the European Union, NATO, International Monetary Fund, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Islamic Development Bank and other organizations.