The building of Gabala District Court
The information about the court and the district
Gabala District Court was established in 1930. It functioned in 1930 – 1946 under the name Azerbaijan SSR People’s Judicial Commissariat, in 1946-1959 Azerbaijan SSR Ministry of Justice, in 1960-1970 Azerbaijan SSR Supreme Court, from 1970 to March 1991 Azerbaijan SSR Gutgashen District People’s Court of the Ministry of Justice, and in 1991-1997 Azerbaijan SSR Gabala District People’s Court of the Ministry of Justice. It has been functioning from 1997 until now under the name of Gabala District Court of Azerbaijan Republic.
Gutgashen district was created in 1930. The name of the district was changed in March 1991 to Gabala. It has 1 city, 3 city type settlements and 60 administrative territorial units, and 56 villages. Its center is Gabala city. Its area is 1550 sq/km, and it has a population of 95777. There are 1958 IDPs settled in the territory of the district.
The key business of the people is husbandry and cattle-breeding. Gabala district is located in the southern foot of the Higher Caucasus mountains. The territory of the district is predominantly mountainous and it shares borders with 4 districts and Dagestan Republic of the Russian Federation. It shares borders with Dagestan Republic of the Russian Federation in the north, Ismayilli district in the east, Oghuz district in the west, Aghdash district in the south and Goychay district in the south east. Gabala district is located in the Daglig Shirvan economic-geographical zone. The highest point in the territory of the district is Bazarduzu in Shahdagh mountain. Its height is 4466 meters. Deəmiraparanchay river, Garachay, Hamzalli river, Tikanli river and Vandam river run through the territory of Gabala district.