The new building of Baku City Binagadi District Court
A blueprint of the administrative building of Baku City Binagadi District Court has been prepared under the “Judicial Modernization Project” jointly funded by the Government of Azerbaijan and the World Bank, and implemented by the Ministry of Justice.
The old building of Baku City Binagadi District Court
The information about the district
Binagadi district was created in 1920. The district was called Kirov district until 1992. Kirov settlement, Varovsky and Khutor residential areas were merged and named after Mammad Amin Rasulzada in accordance with the decision of Kirov settlement’s Council of Peoples’ Deputies, dated 12 September 1991 and in consideration of multiple requests by the people. On 29 April 1992 Binagadi district was created based on a Decision of the National Council of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The district is located in Baku city and is part of Baku-Absheron economic zone. The district has 6 settlements which are represented by 5 territorial administrations and 5 municipalities. It has a population of around 400.000 (16 June 2011). Its area is 170 kv.km. 32.000 refugees and IDPs are registered in Binagadi district as a result of the aggressive policy of Armenian invaders, while unofficial figures indicate that it settles 55.000 refugees and IDPs. Binagadi district shares borders with Absheron, Yasamal, Nasimi, Garadagh and Narimanov districts.